Let’s face it!
One of the main aims of every ATS is to offer a straightforward and frictionless interface to the HR’s working on it and a great application experience. Believe it or not, user adoption has become a prime aspect of ATS success somewhere down the lane.
The modern-day applicant tracking systems are built with users in mind and focus primarily on enhancing the user experience by providing a user-friendly and engaging interface and functionality.
Here are a few key attributes that should be given priority to increasing user adoption of ATS for small businesses:
- User-friendly ATS interface
- Great Customer Support
- Apply the 80/20 Rule to Increase User Adoption of the ATS
- Must-Have ATS Features
- Integrate with your Existing HR Suite
- Reporting Metrics and Statistics
- Amazing Revamping Potential
The ATS available in the market often come over-loaded with features that may overwhelm the recruiters. But the harsh truth is that such ATSs are inimical, which turns out to be the biggest blip for a small business.
A recruiting software having an intuitive interface is the need of the day. Practically, no one has time for long training hours in today’s time.
When UI is straightforward and easy, neither the hiring team nor the candidates need any prior technical knowledge to work on the ATS. Here are a few ways to determine the intuitiveness of an ATS.
An ATS is good to buy if the users:
- Can learn and understand its functionality without guidance or much training.
- May freely explore the features without fear of ATS crashing or something going wrong.
- Feel satisfied and engaged while using the system.
If you are already planning to buy a new ATS, click here to try the Recruiteze demo version for free!
Small businesses don’t really bother about technology. What matters to them is the functionality offered by ATS in terms of reducing their workload. It’s a fact that a friendly interface means less confusion and lesser hours of training. Therefore, more and more users are willing to use it.
Helpful, polite, and quick customer support is essential to deal with the tech troubles faced by the users. In addition, the users can browse the internet for reviews, testimonials, and other feedback comments on social media and search engines.
Here are customer reviews about Recruiteze on Capterra.
This gives a fair idea regarding the functionality and features of the ATS.
Another way is to sign up for a free trial version. This helps the users to get a crisp and clear picture regarding the working of the ATS.
Any software that achieves its goal without requiring hours of training and getting distracted would yield maximum ROI (return on investment).
As per the 80/20 rule, 20% of the activities are responsible for 80% of the output. So, an ATS that performs 80% of the company’s work should be chosen. It includes creating a great user experience to promote user adoption.
An ideal Applicant tracking system helps the recruiting teams to focus more on hiring processes and less on the monotonous administrative tasks.
Here are some of the must-have features of an ATS which are essential in imparting a killer user experience.
- Customizable and ready-to-use email templates.
- Multiple candidates can be notified with a single click.
- A diverse range of customizable job description templates.
- Prodigious pipelines and effective scheduling.
- Seamless integration with the calendar.
- Resume formatting.
- Searchable candidate database.
- Streamlined candidate management.
The ATS should be designed to require fewer clicks for every task, such as reading the resume, rejecting candidates, leaving comments, etc. Also, the candidate application should be designed so that it can parse everything from the resume rather than taking every input from the candidate.
The ATS should be seamlessly integrated with the company’s HR suite. There is no point in having two different databases that are totally out of sync. An ATS should offer a single point of communication between all HR processes and the HR person.
The applicant tracking system should integrate well with every HR tool, platform, online job board, email system, employee database, etc. The ATS vendors provide several APIs to support every hiring requirement of the small business. Also, if not available, the vendor can be requested to build the customizations as per the needs.
All the integrations should:
- Allow the employees to continue using their existing tools along with the ATS, such as online job boards, social media platforms.
- Boost the effectiveness and efficiency of ATS as well as existing tools.
- Automatically sync the data from either software (ATS and the existing one).
- Be created to improve the overall hiring processes.
It is imperative to gauge the recruiting metrics as they play a quintessential role in improving and evaluating the hiring efforts made by the business.
To boost user adoption, the ATS should automatically generate reports, which helps save a lot of recruiter’s time. In addition, a deeper analysis into some reports,