Recruitment chatbot? What’s that!?
If you’re like most people, you probably think of chatbots as something that’s only used for customer service. However, chatbots can actually be used for a variety of different purposes – including recruiting.
In this guide, we’ll go over:
- What is a recruitment chatbot?
- Types of recruitment chatbots
- How can chatbots be used for recruiting?
- Pros of using a recruitment chatbot
- Cons of using a recruitment chatbot
- How do you get started with using chatbots for recruiting?
- How to choose the right recruitment chatbot for you?
- Best Recruiting Chatbots in 2022
Let’s get started!
What is a recruitment chatbot?
Chatbots are computer programs that simulate human conversation. They are used in a variety of industries, including customer service, marketing, and sales. However, they can also be used for other purposes, such as recruiting.
Chatbots are designed to automate tasks that would otherwise be carried out by human beings. For example, a chatbot can take a customer’s order and process it without the need for a human agent.
Chatbots are often used to provide 24/7 customer service, which can be extremely helpful for businesses that operate in global markets.
The most popular platforms for chatbot development are Facebook Messenger, Slack, Telegram, and Kik.
If you’re unsure what recruiting chatbots do, think of them as artificial intelligence-powered assistants for recruiters.
They can help with communication tasks, including greeting those inquiring about a job on your career site or landing page. Chatbots can also gather information on how to contact job seekers so that you can follow up with them later.
In addition, this artificial intelligence can also ask questions about experience and interests to prequalify those seeking employment. They can also answer questions that an applicant may have about the job search and schedule a time for an individual to speak with a recruiter.
Types of recruitment chatbots
There are two main types of recruitment chatbots:
Rule-based chatbots (or fixed chatbots) are programmed to respond to specific commands. They are limited in their ability to have a conversation with users because they are a program that can be used for specific information and offer limited help.
This can be great in a situation where users do not have questions or need to inquire about other things. Fixed chatbots can provide set information but are basically unable to understand human behavior when they are questioning or perplexed.
AI-powered chatbots are more sophisticated. They use artificial intelligence (AI) to understand the user’s intent and respond accordingly.
AI-powered chatbots are more effective at engaging with candidates and providing a personalized experience. This means they’re able to update themselves, interact intelligently with users, and offer an overall candidate experience that is second to none. The artificial intelligence based chatbots are similar to human interaction and often make candidates feel like they are dealing with an actual human.
Which one will you choose depends on your specific needs. If you’re looking for a chatbot to help with the screening process, a rule-based chatbot may be a good option.
If you want a chatbot that can provide a more personal experience, an AI-powered chatbot may be a better choice.
How can chatbots be used for recruiting?
There are a few different ways that chatbots can be used for recruiting. For example, chatbots can be used to:
- Sourcing candidates: Chatbots can be used to source candidates from social media and job boards.
- Screening candidates: Chatbots can be used to screen candidates by conducting initial interviews.
- Scheduling interviews: Chatbots can be used to schedule interviews with candidates.
- Providing information about the company: Chatbots can be used to provide candidates with information about the company, such as culture and benefits.
- Offering support: Chatbots can be used to offer support to candidates throughout the recruitment process.
Additional read: How to Effectively Use Recruiting Chatbots – Tips & Tricks
Pros of using a recruitment chatbot?
There are a few key benefits of using chatbots for recruiting, such as:
- Time savings: Automating repetitive tasks with chatbots can free up time for recruiters to focus on other tasks, such as sourcing and interviewing candidates. For example, a chatbot can take an application and process it without the need for a human agent. Chatbots can also be used to conduct initial interviews with candidates. This can save time and resources that would otherwise be expended on in-person interviews.
- Increased efficiency: Chatbots can help to streamline the recruiting process by automating tasks and reducing the need for manual input. Chatbots aren’t limited to the number of individuals they deal with at once. Humans are. There may be five people inquiring at the same time. A chatbot program can get to each one individually without making them feel like they’re waiting for answers or information.
- Improved candidate experience: Chatbots can provide a more engaging and personalized candidate experience. They can also be used to improve the candidate experience by providing them with information about the company and the recruitment process. This can increase the likelihood of a successful hire.
- Candidate engagement: AI-powered chatbots are more effective at engaging with candidates and providing a personalized experience.
- Support: Chatbots can be used to offer support to candidates throughout the recruitment process. This can help to improve the candidate experience and increase the likelihood of a successful hire.
- Cost-effectiveness: Chatbots are generally more cost-effective than human agents. This is due to the fact that chatbots can be used to automate tasks that would otherwise be carried out by human beings.
- Scalability: Chatbots are scalable, which means that they can be used by businesses of all sizes. This is due to the fact that chatbots do not require a large number of resources to operate.
- Accuracy: Chatbots are accurate and can reduce the number of errors that are made during the recruitment process.
- Increased user satisfaction: Being able to help more individuals in a short amount of time, in addition to helping them during nonworking hours, can increase user satisfaction. They’ll be happier, impressed with your company, and more likely to seek employment with your business.
Chatbots are a great way to fill the space between human connection and technology. Because these programs can mimic human recruiter tendencies, the job seeker may get the impression that they are speaking with an actual human. The biggest benefit is that this program can improve the overall hiring process from beginning to end.
According to hrtechnologist.com:
“Interview chatbots help grow the throughput of the HR’s pipeline. Simply put, they augment the department as well as the HR workforce’s bandwidth.
To begin with, artificial intelligence in recruitment can be employed to stand in lieu of personnel manually screening candidates. In fact, they can also step in to replace elimination interview rounds. This, in turn, will allow the quality of hires to be boosted since human HR professionals can then categorize applicants and contact the most appealing ones first instead of expending precious time talking to every prospect who should be ruled out.
This augments quality by enabling professionals to concentrate their time, effort, and energy where the optimal scope for a high-quality match is present.”
Cons of using recruitment chatbots?
There are a few potential challenges of using chatbots for recruiting, such as:
- Lack of human interaction: Some candidates may prefer to interact with a human recruiter rather than a chatbot.
- Complexity: Chatbots can be complex to set up and manage.
- Limited functionality: Chatbots may not be able to handle all recruiting t