Are you currently hiring new recruiters to work for your team? Are you worried that their skills and knowledge aren’t up to par? If so, there are several ways to ensure they’re ready for the job! There’s no need to worry about training efforts when there are a ton of resources out there to help them gain the most knowledge possible!
As we well know, recruiting is a long process that can cost a great deal of money. That’s why it’s important to make sure hiring managers are seeking out the best candidates for the job.
The world of recruiting is a challenging and competitive place that can drain a person of all energy and motivation in less than 24 hours. Those that are actively searching for new talent might feel like they’re constantly swimming upstream with no help. Thankfully, there are several different resources to help you train recruiters so that they’ll have the knowledge and skills to effectively seek out candidates.
Recruiting trends and methods change as rapidly as technology. Making sure your recruiting team and new recruiters stay up with the trends is key. You’ll find a few courses below that your team can take. Some of these are free, some have a fee, but either way, you’ll find that they are great resources for ensuring you stay knowledgeable and current with all hiring efforts. If you’re searching for a free applicant tracking system for your agency or HR department, keep reading to see how Recruiteze can help – for free!
- Scott Love, Great Recruiter Training
- Patricia Conlin, Global Consulting Group
- Next Level Exchange
- Neil Lebovits, The Dynamic Sale
- Mike Ramer, Ramer Search Consultants
- Johnny Campbell, Social Talent
- Greg Savage
- Greg Doersching, Bullseye Mentor
- Doug Beabout, The Douglas Howard Group
- Barb Bruno, Good As Gold Training
- Lou Adler, Lou Adler Group
- Glen Cathey, BooleanBlackBelt.com
- Shally Steckerl, The Sourcing Institute
- Maureen Sharib, TechTrak
- Danny Cahill, AccordingtoDanny.com
In addition to taking refresher courses every now and then, it’s also important to read relevant literature as well. There are great books available that will help you and your team stay up-to-date with recruiting metrics and more.
Books to Read
- Work Rules!: Insights from Inside Google
- Who: The Method for Hiring by Geoff Smart and Randy Street
- The Signal and the Noise by Nate Silver
- The Rare Find: How Great Talent Stands Out by George Anders
- The Professional Recruiter’s Handbook: Delivering Excellence in Recruitment Practice by Jane Newell Brown
- The No Asshole Rule: Building a Civilized Workplace and Surviving One That Isn’t by Robert I. Sutton
- The Hiring Prophecies by Andrew LaCivita
- The Art of Deception: Controlling the Human Element of Security by Kevin Mitnick
- That Will Transform How You Live and Lead by Laszlo Bock
- Social Media Recruitment by Andy Headworth
- ReWork: Change the Way You Work Forever by Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson
- Real Recruiting! Winning Search Strategies by Steven Finkel
- Not Your Average Joe: Profiles of Military Core Values and Why They Matter in the Private Sector by Dennis Davis
- NLP at Work: The Difference that Makes a Difference in Business, 2nd Edition by Sue Knight
- Mastering the Art of Recruiting by Michael Travis
- Hacking: The Art of Exploitation by Jon Erickson
- Grapevine: Why Buzz Was a Fad but Word of Mouth is Forever by Dave Balter
- Go Rin No Sho by Miyamoto Musashi
- Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity by David Allen
- Freakonomics by Stephen J. Dubner and Steven D. Levitt
- Eating the Big Fish: How Challenger Brands Can Compete Against Brand Leaders by Adam Morgan
- Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time by Brian Tracy
- Brain Rules: 12 Principles for Surviving and Thriving at Work, Home, and School by John Medina
- Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking by Malcolm Gladwell
Hiring new talent for your company is essential. That doesn’t mean, however, that it will be easy, even if you’re using a free applicant tracking system. Taking the time and consideration to hire new employees can be stressful and overwhelming. Making sure you’re choosing the right candidate is a big decision. Using these resources will help when training your team of recruiters.
How do you stay on top of the ever changing world of recruiting? Do you partake in any of the courses or have a favorite book you require your team to read before starting their recruiting efforts within your company?
If you have any questions about recruiting or about our free software system, feel free to contact us. We are here to help you locate and hire the best talent available!
A Free Applicant Tracking System Saves Time and Money Hiring
Want to cut costs and free up hours of your day? It’s possible with our free recruiting software!
Recruiteze is our free applicant tracking system that lets your job candidates easily apply to your open job positions and be added to your database immediately. As an end-user, you’ll be able to also access resumes online and make changes quickly. Recruiting based on client needs has never been easier with your custom job board. It allows candidates and customers easy access to information and creates a level of professionalism expected in today’s marketplace.
Already using a free applicant tracking system? iReformat makes the perfect addition. iReformat allows you to format resumes easily for free! In addition, we are proud to offer you a free 15 day trial of any of our other memberships. Other packages start at $10 per month and offer unlimited support, users, and more!
If you have any questions or are interested in our enterprise package that offers unlimited access to all our services contact us today!