Trusted by corporate giants like McDonald’s, LinkedIn, and Visa, SmartRecruiters is truly next-generation talent acquisition and recruiting software. However, it is not suited for anyone and just any type of business.
We have gone over dozens of recruiting and HR tools in our search for great Smartrecruiters competitors and alternatives.
As a result of testing, we have come up with these 4 best alternatives:
- SmartRecruiters competitor #1: Recruiteze
- SmartRecruiters competitor #2: Zoho Recruit
- SmartRecruiters competitor #3: SageHR
- SmartRecruiters competitor #4: BambooHR
During the testing, we relied on several indicators, and our rating system was based on:
- User experience – How easy is it compared to SmartRecruiters?
- Standout features – What are they, and are they worth it?
- Pricing – Does the software justify its price?
- Customer support effectiveness – How is the company’s customer support?
Before getting into discussing SmartRecruiters competitors and alternatives, let’s briefly look over its strengths and weaknesses.
- Great candidate experience – SmartRecruiters focuses a lot on providing excellent candidates experience, and it shows since their conversion rates on job openings are high.
- Mobile responsive – Experience is seamless and straightforward on mobile devices as well.
- Mobile app – SmartRecruiters offers native mobile applications for both iOS and Android devices.
- Simple UI – User Interface is straightforward to use, providing a great experience for recruiters and hiring managers.
- Lead generation – SmartRecruiters have great lead capture forms for prospecting.
- Integrations – Besides numerous job aggregators, SmartRecruiters integrates with LinkedIn Recruiter, Outlook, Scheduling, ratings, and many more.
Some of these shortcomings might be on the list of reasons why users decide to switch from SmartRecruiters to another tool:
- High costs – Costs are not shown on their website, and you have to contact them to get a quote. However, prices offered are too high and very unsuitable for small businesses.
- No free trial – This is a con because every user should be able to test out the product themselves before deciding to use it. This is why many people, later on, have to switch to another software and find an alternative since demos are not enough.
- Resume reviewing – When you try to open .docx or .doc files, they don’t open in the software but instead download to your computer. This is highly annoying since your downloads file will very soon become crumpled. Instead, PDF files open in a new tab, so that is more bearable.
- Slow customer support and no customizations – Customer support isn’t the greatest, and you can’t get much of tailormade functionalities according to the ex-user’s experience.
SmartRecruiters’ pricing system is quote-based, and there is also no free trial.
Recruiteze is an applicant tracking software designed for small businesses and staffing agencies. It is created to be cost-effective and time-saving for all the recruiters.
It allows recruiters to manage their job ads, candidates, and application forms from a single user-friendly and intuitive platform.
It is not a surprise for us when people who have used SmartRecruiters decide to switch to Recruiteze. Unfortunately, most of the time, small or mid-sized businesses and staffing agencies made the wrong decision. If you find yourself here, then keep on reading.
- Tailored to fit SMB and staffing agency needs – Recruiteze is wholly created with SMB and staffing agencies in mind. Hence all the features it has are there to help those businesses scale while cutting down on costs and being more productive.
- Intuitive and modern UI – As previously stated, Recruiteze is designed to make you more time-efficient, so navigation through the software is straightforward recurring minimal scrolling and clicking. In addition, information is presented in a scannable manner so that you don’t have to waste more than a few seconds per tab.
- Career page widgets – People browsing your website might passively look for a job but won’t visit the careers page. You can embed our career page widget directly onto the website’s homepage so no one can miss it.
- Effective management – Recruitize is packed with CRM functionalities. Thanks to that, you can keep all of your candidate, client, and hiring managers’ communications in one place. This way, the whole team can stay up to date with progress.
- iReformat – Recruiteze offers a resume reformatting service, iReformat, which is complementary with Recruiteze ATS and a complete game-changer for staffing agencies. iReformat supports blind hiring and has an iOS mobile app. It also supports .docx, PDF, and text formats.
- Customize your recruiting workflow — Recruiteze adapts to your needs. You can quickly and easily design a workflow based on your company’s existing hiring process — you don’t need to adapt to what is offered. In addition, you can effectively track candidates that apply through your various hiring stages and create multiple recruiting workflows.
- Filters, tags, notes, and tasks — Avoid overlapping, duplicity and organize your candidates better. For example, you can tag candidates and filter them by those tags. You can also leave notes and create custom tasks for each candidate, especially if your recruitment team is bigger.
- Mainly built for small businesses – Sadly, Recruiteze is not the best solution for enterprises yet.
Recruiteze offers a 15-day free trial, which is great for testing out all the features offered and seeing yourself if it is the right fit.
There are 3 different scalable pricing plans offered, including the custom plan:
- $49 per month – Excellent for small businesses wanting to utilize a pack of most essential features.
- $99 per month – Designed for businesses with multiple recruiters and a heavier workload.
- Enterprise custom plan – If you need a bigger customized plan make sure to contact us.