Zoho Recruit is a well-established applicant tracking system commonly used by staffing agencies and small to mid-sized businesses. Even though their feature list has grown over the years, users have reported a lack of technical support when facing certain problems.
Apart from the customer support, one notable drawback that prompts users to consider Zoho Recruit alternatives is the fact that additional features that need to be bought separately as add-ons.
Our HR team has tested dozens of applicant tracking systems to present you with the best 5 alternatives that don’t lack useful features and ease of use, but offer better support and packages:
- Zoho Recruit Competitor #1: Recruiteze – SMB and staffing agency’s best friend
- Zoho Recruit Competitor #2: Manatal – ATS for large-sized businesses
- Zoho Recruit Competitor #3: Workable – Tech-savy solution for enterprises
- Zoho Recruit Competitor #4 BullHorn – Feature-rich software
- Zoho Recruit Competitor #5 WebHR – Full HR product suite
During the testing, we relied on “several indicators,” and our rating system was based on:
- User experience – How easy is it compared to Zoho Recruit
- Standout features – What are they, and are they worth it?
- Pricing – Does the software justify its price?
- Customer support effectiveness – How is the company’s customer support?
So let’s get into our findings.
Before we get down to discussing Zoho Recruit alternatives, let’s quickly skim over some of its most prominent advantages and disadvantages.
- Price – Price is one of the most significant advantages of Zoho Recruit, which is most of the time a reason businesses opt for Zoho. They offer a free plan, which is sufficient for testing the software.
- Fluid integration with other Zoho software – If you are using other Zoho software, you can access all of them with a single sign-on, plus you will save on costs this way. Zoho ecosystem is another feature people love using Zoho recruit for.
- Resume formatting – Zoho recruit has an in-built resume formatting feature, which is very helpful for staffing agencies.
- UI – Whether this is an advantage or a disadvantage depends on personal preference. There are loads of information presented on one screen, meaning you will be doing lots of scrolling, whereas other ATSes might be presented information in separate tabs. Some users reported they liked the thorough information Zoho offers, but many others complained that it is hard to navigate and feels too crumpled and overwhelming.
- Mainly for enterprises – Zoho Recruit is not for someone looking to hire less than 15 people over the next year. Hence, some small business ATS can be better in this case. Recruiteze is designed specifically for small businesses, so you should read the section about it carefully if you are an SMB.
- Not well compatible with smartphones – Besides not sending direct messages to candidates via smartphone through the platform, the website is not mobile-friendly.
- Slow customer support – They could be more proactive and fast with their replies. Sometimes waiting for just a few hours can be highly annoying and stressful.
There are several options to choose from when it comes to pricing, depending on the business needs.
Zoho Recruit offers three pricing plans for staffing agencies:
- Forever free plan — Basic features and 1 active job available.
- Standard plan , 20GBP/mo (27,64USD); it features candidate sourcing, tracing, and resume management.
- Standard 25 EUR/mo (26,83USD) — Includes extra features such as candidate sourcing and 50+ integrations
- Professional plan 50 EUR/mon (53,65) — Includes automation features such as AI Candidate Matching and Advanced Analytics
- Enterprise 75 EUR/mo (80,48) — Includes 750 active jobs and staffing/client portals.
For corporates, there are 2 plans, Enterprise and Standard.
Now, if you need something similar to Zohorecruit , Recruiteze’s Startup or Pro Business plan might be a better option since you get a solid ATS with CRM functionalities, meaning better candidate, talent, and client management for far less costs.
Recruiteze is an applicant tracking software designed with small businesses and staffing agencies in mind. It is created to be cost-effective and time-saving for all the recruiters.
It allows recruiters to manage their job ads, candidates, and application forms from a single user-friendly and intuitive platform.
We have lots of ex Zoho users in Recruiteze family so we will include some of the advantages of Recruiteze they have mentioned themselves.
- Email address integration – If you liked Zoho’s “integrate your inbox” feature, then you will like Recruiteze since it allows you to seamlessly integrate your email address with the ATS and receive and send all the emails from the software itself.
- Seamless integration with iReformat – iReformat is a resume formatting software by Recruiteze that is every staffing agency’s dream. It allows you to format dozens of resumes in just a few seconds precisely the way you want.
- Intuitive and modern UI – What is great about switching to Recruiteze from Zoho Recruit is that you will never be confused and overwhelmed when using it. Recruiteze is designed to make you more time-efficient, so navigation through the software is straightforward. Information is presented in a scannable manner so that you don’t have to waste more than a few seconds per tab.
- Effective management – Recruitize is packed with CRM functionalities, which allow you to keep all of your candidate, client, and hiring managers’ communications in one place. With this, the whole team can stay up to date with progress.
- Scaling with ease – Recruiteze is designed to make recruiters more productive by saving them time on manual and time-consuming tasks. While Recruiteze handles all the tedious tasks, recruiters get to focus on what truly matters, and that is networking. Building relationships with clients and candidates and creating a positive experience for everyone.
- Recruiting workflow customization – Each company has a different hiring process; however, not all recruiting software accommodates that. Many require you to modify your hiring process to keep up with the software. With Recruiteze, you can quickly and easily design a workflow based on your company’s existing hiring process. You can then use Recruiteze to track candidates that apply through your various hiring stages effectively.
- Mainly built for small businesses – Recruiteze is an ATS designed for SMB and staffing agencies; therefore, it may not be very suitable for big enterprises. But, if you are a small business, then choosing Recruiteze is a no-brainer.
Recruiteze offers 3 pricing plans:
- $49 per month – Excellent for small businesses wanting to utilize a pack of most essential features, including careers pages, candidate workflows, and online job application functions.
- $99 per month – Designed for businesses with multiple recruiters and a heavier workload.
- Enterprise custom plan – If you need a bigger customized plan make sure to contact us.
Moreover, Recruiteze offers a 15-day free trial, which is great for testing out the features the software provides and seeing yourself if it is the right fit.
Manatal is easy to implement and using applicant tracking software for both agencies and in-house teams. However, this software is best for medium and large-sized companies and recruiting agencies.
- LinkedIn Indexation – This feature allows you to import skills from candidates’ LinkedIn profiles into your candidate database. Also, finding and importing candidates from LinkedIn is very easy with their LinkedIn Chrome extension.
- Very organized and easy to navigate – Manatals interface and database are very organized and systematic,the drag and drop candidate funnel saves time.
- Affordable price – Price is where Manatal shines the most. It is one of the most affordable applicant tracking systems for bigger businesses with all the core features, from candidate sourcing all the way to onboarding.
- Artificial intelligence tool – Manatal offers automatic AI-based candidates scoring and recommendation based on the job description. So far, they have been pretty satisfying but keep in mind AI bias when relying on these features.
- Constant updates – They frequently add new features and refine the old ones, which you should look for when choosing an ATS. You want to have reliable and proactive developers that are constantly working on enhancing the software you are using.
- Limited resume imports – You can only import 1000 resumes at a time, which can pose a problem for bigger staffing agencies that have more campaigns going on simultaneously, as it is easy to exceed that number. However, Manatal states that you can launch multiple mass imports at the same time. It is not the smoothest experience, and you will need to wait and check for all the imports to be completed, which is inconvenient, mainly because Manatal positions itself as a mid to big-sized business ATS.
Manatal offers a Professional plan of $15 per user per month and a $35 Enterprise plan per month. You can get a custom plan tailormade for big teams with custom requests too. Keep in mind that it can quickly build up and become quite expensive since the price goes per user.
During the 14-day free trial, you will have access to all the available features in the professional and enterprise packages apart from the job board posting feature, sending emails using the Manatal inbox, email automation, and the GDPR consent request tool.
Workable positioned itself as a hiring solution for all types and sorts of organizations around the world. They