Zoho recruit is a good old ATS used by staffing agencies and small to mid-sized businesses. However, it is no surprise that people wish to change their ATS as time goes by.
Some may need more features than they are currently offered, some may grow dissatisfied with the software overall, and some might just need a change.
Whatever the reason is, we have tested dozens of applicant tracking systems to present you with the best 3 alternatives:
- Zoho Recruit Competitor #1: Recruiteze – SMB and staffing agency’s best friend
- Zoho Recruit Competitor #2: Manatal – ATS for large-sized businesses
- Zoho Recruit Competitor #3: Workable – Tech-savy solution for enterprises
During the testing, we relied on “several indicators,” and our rating system was based on:
- User experience – How easy is it compared to SmartRecruiters?
- Standout features – What are they, and are they worth it?
- Pricing – Does the software justify its price?
- Customer support effectiveness – How is the company’s customer support?
So let’s get into our findings.
Before we get down to discussing Zoho Recruit alternatives, let’s quickly skim over some of its most prominent advantages and disadvantages.
- Price – Price is one of the most significant advantages of Zoho Recruit, which is most of the time a reason businesses opt for Zoho.
- Fluid integration with other Zoho software – If you are using other Zoho software, you can access all of them with a single sign-on, plus you will save on costs this way. Zoho ecosystem is another feature people love using Zoho recruit for.
- Resume formatting – Zoho recruit has an in-built resume formatting feature, which is very helpful for staffing agencies.
- UI – Whether this is an advantage or a disadvantage depends on personal preference. There are loads of information presented on one screen, meaning you will be doing lots of scrolling, whereas other ATSes might be presented information in separate tabs. Some users reported they liked the thorough information Zoho offers, but many others complained that it is hard to navigate and feels too crumpled and overwhelming.
- Mainly for enterprises – Zoho Recruit is not for someone looking to hire less than 15 people over the next year. Hence, some small business ATS can be better in this case. Recruiteze is designed specifically for small businesses, so you should read the section about it carefully if you are an SMB.
- Not well compatible with smartphones – Besides not sending direct messages to candidates via smartphone through the platform, the website is not mobile-friendly.
- Slow customer support – They could be more proactive and fast with their replies. Sometimes waiting for just a few hours can be highly annoying and stressful.
There are several options to choose from when it comes to pricing, depending on the business needs.
First, you have to select one of the utilization options, Corporate HRS, Staffing Agency, or Temporary Workforce.
Zoho Recruit offers three pricing plans for staffing agencies:
- Standard plan, 20GBP/mo (27,64USD); it features candidate sourcing, tracing, and resume management.
- Professional plan, 40 GBP/mo (55,28USD); features Security control, Portal management, and Assessments.
- Enterprise plan, 60 GBP/mo (82,91USD); with advanced features such as autoresponders, authentication permissions, and different options for account management.
For corporates, there are 2 plans, Enterprise and Standard. And finally, for the temporary workforce, Workerly, there is only one plan.
Now, if you need something like Workerly is, Recruiteze’s Startup or Pro Business plan might be a better option since you get a solid ATS with CRM functionalities, meaning better candidate, talent, and client management for far less costs.
Recruiteze is an applicant tracking software designed with small businesses and staffing agencies in mind. It is created to be cost-effective and time-saving for all the recruiters.
It allows recruiters to manage their job ads, candidates, and application forms from a single user-friendly and intuitive platform.
We have lots of ex Zoho users in Recruiteze family so we will include some of the advantages of Recruiteze they have mentioned themselves.
- Email address integration – If you liked Zoho’s “integrate your inbox” feature, then you will like Recruiteze since it allows you to seamlessly integrate your email address with the ATS and receive and send all the emails from the software itself.
- Seamless integration with iReformat – iReformat is a resume formatting software by Recruiteze that is every staffing agency’s dream. It allows you to format dozens of resumes in just a few seconds precisely the way you want.
- Intuitive and modern UI – What is great about switching to Recruiteze from Zoho Recruit is that you will never be confused and overwhelmed when using it. Recruiteze is designed to make you more time-efficient, so navigation through the software is straightforward. Information is presented in a scannable manner so that you don’t have to waste more than a few seconds per tab.
- Effective management – Recruitize is packed with CRM functionalities, which allow you to keep all of your candidate, client, and hiring managers’ communications in one place. With this, the whole team can stay up to date with progress.
- Scaling with ease – Recruiteze is designed to make recruiters more productive by saving them time on manual and time-consuming tasks. While Recruiteze handles all the tedious tasks, recruiters get to focus on what truly matters, and that is networking. Building relationships with clients and candidates and creating a positive experience for everyone.
- Recruiting workflow customization – Each company has a different hiring process; however, not all recruiting software accommodates that. Many require you to modify your hiring process to keep up with the software. With Recruiteze, you can quickly and easily design a workflow based on your company’s existing hiring process. You can then use Recruiteze to track candidates that apply through your various hiring stages effectively.
- Mainly built for small businesses – Recruiteze is an ATS designed for SMB and staffing agencies; therefore, it may not be very suitable for big enterprises. But, if you are a small business, then choosing Recruiteze is a no-brainer.
Recruiteze offers 5 pricing plans:
- STARTER; Free plan – Excellent for businesses that just want to store their applicants in an easily readable way, search them, and make notes on applicants for future reference so they can be easily found for interviews.
- STARTUP; $21.2 per month – Perfect for businesses with only one person hiring and want to utilize a whole pack of features, including the game-changing careers page, candidate workflows, and online job application functions.
- PRO BUSINESS; $42.46 per month – When you have multiple people with hiring duties and much more workload, then it’s time for an upgrade.
- ENTERPRISE; $84.95 per month – With twice as much resume parsing capabilities and 25 users and active jobs, most staffing agencies will find this to be a great solution.
- CUSTOM PLAN – If you need a bigger plan than enterprise one or some custom features, then make sure to contact us.
Moreover, Recruiteze offers a 15-day free trial, which is great for testing out all the features software provides and seeing yourself if it is the right fit.
Manatal is easy to implement and using applicant tracking software for both agencies and in-house teams. However, this software is best for medium and large-sized companies and recruiting agencies.
- LinkedIn Indexation – This feature allows you to import skills from candidates’ LinkedIn profiles into your candidate database. Also, finding and importing candidates from LinkedIn is very easy with their LinkedIn Chrome extension.
- Very organized and easy to navigate – Manatals interface and database are very organized and systematic, which we loved to see, especially after staring at Zoho Recruit for hours. Like with Recruiteze, you won’t spend any unnecessary time and resources roaming around and scrolling through the system.
- Affordable price – Price is where Manatal shines the most. It is one of the most affordable applicant tracking systems for bigger businesses with all the core features, from candidate sourcing all the way to onboarding.
- Artificial intelligence tool – Manatal offers automatic AI-based candidates scoring and recommendation based on the job description. So far, they have been pretty satisfying but keep in mind AI bias when relying on these features.
- Constant updates – They frequently add new features and refine the old ones, which you should look for when choosing an ATS. You want to have reliable and proactive developers that are constantly working on enhancing the software you are using.
- Limited resume imports – You can only import 1000 resumes at a time, which can pose a problem for bigger staffing agencies that have more campaigns going on simultaneously, as it is easy to exceed that number. However, Manatal states that you can launch multiple mass imports at the same time. It is not the smoothest experience, and you will need to wait and check for all the imports to be completed, which is inconvenient, mainly because Manatal positions itself as a mid to big-sized business ATS.
Manatal offers a Professional plan of $19 per user per month and a $39 Enterprise plan per month. You can get a custom plan tailormade for big teams with custom requests too. Keep in mind that it can quickly build up and become quite expensive since the price goes per user.
During the 14-day free trial, you will have access to all the available features in the professional and enterprise packages apart from the job board posting feature, sending emails using the Manatal inbox, email automation, and the GDPR consent request tool.
Workable positioned itself as a hiring solution for all types and sorts of organizations around the world. They state that their services are equally helpful to both tech-savvy and traditional businesses.
However, based on our research, we believe it is better suited for tech-savvy, and IT businesses since the features are advanced, like AI recruiter, mobile application, and video recruiting.
In order to determine whether this is suitable for your hiring needs, make sure to read further.
- AI Recruiter – This fantastic feature finds the professionals that match the job’s skills, industry, level of experience, and locations as soon as you publish new jobs. We have found that Workable does this better than Manatal, but still, do keep in mind that checking candidates up manually after the AI has scooped them is recommended.
- Mobile app – Workable is the only ATS on the list that offers a mobile application, and we loved it. Busy recruiters are often on the go, and having everything on your smartphone is great for keeping you updated and productive.
- Career page builder – Workable allows you to build and customize career pages natively in the tool. There are also ready-made pre-built templates you can choose from.
- Video recruiting – Workable offers native video interviews, which come in handy in today’s remote world. And if you are busy, you can experiment with their AI-generated interview to create a complete video interview for you.
- Costs – Costs are a big con here. They can quickly add up as you upgrade to get more features. Most of the time, you have lots of other costs besides the ATS fees, so you should carefully consider and put into your costs of hiring before making a final decision.
- Blind hiring – Workable doesn’t support blind hiring. If you need it, their customer support will try to help you cover identifying information; however, that will just make costs pile up even more. If blind hiring is a must for you, do check Recruiteze’s iRefromat.
It is a no-brainer that Workable is an excellent software for businesses that can afford it and make use of all their fancy features.
However, pricing can get high for enterprises and big businesses, and if you are looking for the best value buy, you should get a quote from Manatal too and test it out during the free trial to see if it suits your needs before settling for Workable.
Also, when talking to ex-users of Workable, we have encountered a few of them that were overpriced and had to pay for features they never used. Therefore this is why we recommend this software to mainly enterprises and big creative recruiting companies.
They do not offer a free trial, making it impossible to test it out before typing in your credit card information.
If you are a mid or small-sized business and a recruiting agency then opting for Recruiteze is a much wiser choice if you need an excellent recruiting and managing system.
We didn’t come all the way here, just to leave you without an actionable conclusion. We condensed all the information gathered into bite-sized takeaways for you:
Choose Manatal if:
- You are a medium or large-sized company.
- You would like to experiment with affordable artificial intelligence tools.
- You are okay with paying quite a hefty amount each time per new user.
Choose Workable if:
- You are an enterprise or big staffing agency with tech-savvy recruiters.
- Money is not an issue.
- You are constantly implementing creative recruiting techniques.
Choose Recruiteze if:
- You want a scalable modern ATS with which you can grow and maintain your business.
- You are a staffing agency or HR team that needs compatible resume reformatting and blind hiring solutions alongside their ATS.
- You are a small business looking to streamline your income while cutting down costs and being time efficient.
- You love being able to check out what you are buying before typing in your credit card number.