Switching from one recruiting software to another can be just as stressful as getting a replacement for a good employee.
First, you need to find a good and worthy Workable alternative, and then you need to get used to it. We won’t even get started with transferring all the data, creating new workflows, and learning phases.
All these can either make your life so much harder and reduce the overall team productivity for the first month, or they can put the weight off of your shoulders. It all depends on whether you make the right decision when choosing the replacement for your current software.
For that reason, our recruiting experts and software developers have tested Workable, alongside dozens of other applicant tracking systems to provide you with suitable Workable alternatives for different use cases:
- Workable alternative #1: Recruiteze – Your SMB recruiting system to go to
- Workable alternative #2: SmartRecruiters – Enterprise-designed solution
- Workable alternative #3: SageHR – In-house management tailored software
During the testing process, we have scored the software based on several indicators:
- User experience – How easy is it to use the new software compared to Workable?
- Standout features – What are they, and are they worth the change?
- Pricing – Does the software justify its price?
- Customer support effectiveness – How is the company’s customer support?
Before we get started with discussing Workable alternatives and competitors, let’s quickly skim over the Workable itself and note its most prominent strengths and weaknesses.
Workable positioned itself as an excellent solution for businesses of all types and sizes. With that in mind, it is no wonder that many companies won’t be satisfied with their offer.
Often recruiters and HR managers will need specialized software for their specific case, and this is where the problem begins.
Moreover, given the price, Workable wouldn’t be suited for most small businesses.
- Mobile app – It’s 2021, and everything is done over the phone, even job! Workable’s mobile app is quite impressive and can come in handy to the recruiters of the modern age. However, most of them won’t really use or need it.
- Video interviews – Certainly a big pro feature, especially in a remote and digital world. It is easy to use, and the AI can help you create the whole interview for you.
- Career page builder – This feature allows you to create and edit career pages in a drag-and-drop style. It comes with great pre-built templates, so you won’t need to be an expert to create professional-looking career pages.
- Price – With starting price of $99, you won’t get a lot out of the software, and soon you’ll find yourself paying hundreds and not using nearly as half as features offered.
- Not objective – Workable doesn’t support blind hiring, so if you want to filter out specific information about candidates that can make you biased, you won’t be able to, and their support team won’t be of much help either.
Workable has a starting price of $99, and it can get easily more expensive since the Paygo plan won’t be enough for most companies, and even if it is, it will be quickly outgrown.
GDPR compliance should be included in the most basic starting plan, but it isn’t, and for global or Europe-based businesses, this can pose a problem.
If you want to create branded career pages, you also have to upgrade.
Need to automate processes? Boom, upgrade required.
These are just a few reasons why we never recommended Workable for small businesses or staffing agencies.
It is also recruiting-driven, more than HR so that it won’t be suitable for in-house HR management needs.
But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered, regardless of the situation you are in, even if you are an enterprise and just want to switch to another enterprise recruiting software.
Before you say it, we know. Recruiteze ATS is one of our products, but give us a moment to explain why we have put it on the list.
Recruitize isn’t a fit for everyone, so if you are not an SMB or a staffing agency, skip to the next section.
If, however, you are a small to medium-sized business, then Recruiteze can be the ideal fit for you, and for numerous reasons, we have listed below.
- Packed with CRM features – If you are a staffing agency, it goes without saying that candidate management is a must. Recruiteze is packed with CRM functionalities that allow you to manage and communicate efficiently, not only with candidates but other teammates, and always stay up to date.
- Notes and tasks – Leave notes and create custom tasks regarding each candidate that can be seen and assigned to other recruiters or hiring managers.
- Customizable recruiting workflow – Recruitieze allows you to create a fully customized workflow that fits your specific hiring process.
- Intuitive and straightforward UI – The user interface is minimalistic and easy to navigate through. You can get a lot done in just a few clicks, and most of the things displayed are very self-explanatory.
- Designed to help you scale and streamline your growth – Recruiteze is created so that it can automate most of the tedious and repetitive recruiting processes. This, in turn, makes a lot more free time for recruiters while cutting down on their costs.
- Much more – Recruiteze supports blind hiring, employer branding, social recruiting, resume reformatting, and more.
- Only fit for SMBs and staffing agencies – Currently, Recruiteze is not the best for enterprises.
Recruiteze offers a 15-day free trial. With that, you can test out all the features before deciding if it is the right fit for you and which plan you should get.
There are 3 different scalable pricing plans offered, including the custom plan:
- $49 per month – Excellent for small businesses wanting to utilize a pack of most essential features, including careers pages, candidate workflows, and online job application functions.
- $99 per month – Designed for businesses with multiple recruiters and a heavier workload.
- Enterprise custom plan – If you need a bigger customized plan make sure to contact us.
If you came here looking for a Workable enterprise alternative, then this section is dedicated to you.
SmartRecruiters is a recruiting software tailored to businesses with more than at least 50 employees.
- Simple UI – SmartRecruiters has a plain and straightforward user interface, making it easy to adapt and get used to.
- Candidate experienc